There are just too many advantages of solar energy but this article will go through some of them. This article will be comparing the advantages of solar energy over oil.
1. Solar energy is healthier than oil. The burning of oil releases carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases into our environment. Did you know that the average home produces more than twice the amount of carbon dioxide than an average car does?
2. Solar energy is free. The sun provides it which will power thousands of generations to come. Therefore solar energy is a renewable source of energy, oil on the other hand is not a renewable source. What does this mean? Well once it is gone, it is gone. Many companies will not turn to the sun because how can they charge us if it’s free for everyone?
3. Solar panels are cheap to build, really! All you need is a reliable DIY kit that will guide you every step of the way. With our oil quantity decreasing, prices begin to soar through the roof and guess what? You lose more money.
4. Solar cells are extremely quiet! Actually they are dead silent! They power your home without making a sound.
5. Some countries offer tax rebates and tax reductions through implementing solar power solutions in your home. Some countries include Australia and America.
6. It’s possible to “sell back” power into the grid and pay less for your electricity bills!
As you can see there are many advantages of solar power. On the other hand there are also some disadvantages such as:
1. Buying factory made solar panels can cost thousands. (But there are DIY kits to show you how to build solar panels!)
2. Solar power cannot be created at night. However that’s why there are wind generators or hydro power!
3. They are mostly abundant in countries with a high number of hours exposed to the sun. So cold countries in the northern or southern latitude will create less solar energy.